The committee accomplished the following:
● Written record of visitors, with e-mails and personal notes sent to newcomers
● “Welcome” gift bags for new members
● Professional banners for Easter, Christmas, and the 175th anniversary homecoming
● Purchase of 250 stylus touch pens & felt pouches inscribed for St. James 175th anniversary
● Purchase of car magnets that display the St. James name and logo
● Regular updates to the St. James Facebook page, including photos of events and member achievements (e.g., Blessing of the Animals, blessing of quilts, Easter services, Christmas Eve candlelight services, etc.). Number of followers increased from 178 to 255 (40% increase)
● Distribution of hot chocolate and water to the public during the Concord Christmas Parade
● Updating of Web site to shorter descriptions, more selective information, and a simpler user-friendly design
● Statistical tracking of views on Facebook, Instagram, and Google Maps
The Evangelism Committee supports the cultural shift in recent years that utilizes Social Media (rather than print) as the predominant means of connection. Among Facebook, Instagram, and Google Maps, we are seen by hundreds of people in our community each month. Our key focus is to make the public aware that Saint James is a warm, welcoming, inclusive congregation.
Copyright © 2020 St. James Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.